In your teenage years, it becomes more important than ever to take care of your skin. Proper skin care will help your skin look and feel healthy and help prevent pimples and blackheads. Fortunately, it isn’t difficult at all to take care of your skin – it just takes a few minutes a day, and the rewards are worth it: clear, soft skin you’ll feel good in. Here are a few tips to help you understand skin care for tween and teens a little better and create a tween skin care routine just for you.
Table of Contents
- Washing Your Face as a tween
- Moisturizing Your Face
- Surprising Skincare Tips
- Fun Facts About Your Skin
- Choosing the Best Face Wash for A Tween/Teenage Girl
- Why A Gentle Facewash for Tweens is so important
Washing Your Face – the Foundation of Good Skin Care for a Tween
Your face getting a little bit dirty won’t magically or suddenly give you acne. However, letting dirt accumulate on your skin or going to bed with a dirty face certainly won’t help you achieve your clear-skin goals. Your skin is exposed daily to many things that clog pores, including dirt, sweat, oil, sunscreen and makeup. The very first step in any tween skin care routine is keeping your face clean.
Here’s 3 steps to a perfect tween skincare routine:
- Choose a gentle face wash such as Luv Ur Skin.
- Avoid facial cleanser, gel and washes for tween and teen skin that contain harsh chemicals, which can irritate your skin and be bad for your overall health. Our face wash is a gentle, foaming, pH-balanced face wash that removes dirt, impurities and makeup without irritation. It also contains Plantolin, a beneficial plant extract native to Australia, and Aloe Vera for extra-gentle cleansing and moisturizing. Luv Ur Skin Face Wash is suitable for all skin types and leaves your skin clean, clear, and fresh every time you use it.
- Use the right technique.
- Be gentle with your skin – don’t scrub hard or use “scrubby” pads or rough cloths. Wet your face and hands. Using either your bare fingers or a very soft cloth, massage the cleanser over your face and neck gently. Use circular motions to rub the cleanser into your skin and make sure that all dirt and makeup are removed.
- Rinse your face very well.
- Avoid leaving cleanser behind on your skin. First of all, even a gentle cleanser may be drying if left to sit on your skin for a long time. Also, you want to remove all the soap because all the dirt will come off with it. Rinse your face and neck completely using warm water, and then pat your skin dry with a soft, clean towel. That’s it!
For More tips see the following video
Moisturizing Your Face – An Essential Part of Tween Skin Care
Although you are removing surface oil from your skin on purpose when you wash, you don’t want to remove all the oil – only some of it. When you wash your face, you may wash away “good” oils that help protect your skin and keep it soft. Even if you’re using a gentle, natural cleanser, it’s still important to moisturize after washing. Using a natural moisturizer every day now will help keep your skin looking and feeling young and fresh for years to come. It will also protects the skin and helps to keep it hydrated and not feel tight and dry on a day-to-day basis.
To moisturize, use just a dab (about the size of a pea) of lotion. Rub it into your face with your clean fingertips, massaging until your skin absorbs it all (it will look like it disappears right into your skin). Be sure to choose a gentle moisturizer such as Luv Ur Skin for a light, non-greasy formula that absorbs easily. Our moisturizer hydrates and nourishes your skin, reduces inflammation, and soothes your skin without clogging your pores.
Remember Your Lips
The lips are an important – and sensitive – part of the face that often get overlooked by tween skin care products. The skin on your lips is thinner and more delicate than the skin on other parts of your body. That’s why they get chapped or crack easily, and why it’s so important to take care of them. Your lips also cannot produce melanin to protect themselves from the sun, and they have fewer oil glands than your other skin, as well. All of this means that your lips don’t have much natural protection of their own, so it’s up to you to keep them healthy and soft.
You may have noticed that your lips are most likely to become chapped and irritated in the winter, and that’s because cold, dry air can be very dehydrating for your skin. However, winter isn’t the only season that presents challenges for your lips. Sun, wind and dry air can all lead to problems with your lips, so it’s best to use a natural lip balm every day, year-round. When you use lip balm regularly, you’ll heal chapped lips or help prevent them from becoming chapped in the first place.
When you’re looking for the best skincare for tweens, remember to include lip care. Luv Ur Skin offers two wonderful lip balms specially formulated for tweens and teens: Berrilicious Lip Balm and Vanilla Cream Lip Balm. Berrilicious contains rich, fruity berry extracts while Vanilla Cream is formulated with pure vanilla extract. Both balms are enriched with beeswax, jojoba seed extract, and Plantolin. Our lip balms protect, nourish, and hydrate your lips – and they smell fantastic, too.
Surprising Skincare Tips You Should Know
Not everything you do for your skin involves washing or moisturizing. Did you know that the healthy lifestyle choices you make every day basis also affect how your skin looks and feels? Here are some things you can do outside of the shower to keep your skin clean, clear, and healthy.
- Drink the right liquids.
- Lots of water is key to keeping your skin properly hydrated and soft. You can also drink green juices and smoothies with lots of fruits and veggies to deliver the vitamins you need and help oxygenate your skin, keeping it healthy.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Remember how your skin needs a certain amount of oil to stay soft and smooth? It has a natural barrier that helps it retain this moisture, and omega-3 fatty acids help keep this barrier working at its best. Try to eat flax seeds, walnuts, and other foods high in these omega-3s.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Unless you’re washing or moisturizing, it’s hands off. Not only can your hands spread bacteria and lead to breakouts, but they can also carry germs that can make you sick, such as the flu virus.
- Watch your exposure to sun and heat.
- When you’re going to be outside, either wear sunscreen or cover up with long sleeves and a wide-brimmed hat – or both. Furthermore, try not to get too close to fireplaces or heaters. The direct heat exposure can lead to inflammation and cause collagen to break down, which may result in premature wrinkles later.
Fun Facts About Your Skin
Your skin is an amazing organ. It’s more than just the outermost layer of your body. Without it, you wouldn’t be able to do most of the things you do every day without even thinking about them, such as breathing and moving around. Here are a few interesting facts about your skin that will help shed some light on why proper skincare for tweens matters so much.
- Skin has three layers.
- Your skin is your largest organ, and it is made up of three distinct layers: the epidermis (the waterproof top layer), the dermis (the middle layer where your hair follicles are located), and the hypodermis (the inner layer containing fat and connective tissue that keep it attached to your muscles).
- Cells in the epidermis determine your skin color.
- The epidermis contains special cells known as melanocytes that produce melanin, the substance that gives your skin pigment (color). People with more melanin have darker skin, while those with less have lighter skin.
- Your skin is heavy.
- It might surprise you to know that your skin can weigh as much as 15 percent of your body weight. That means that your skin can easily weigh more than 20 pounds. That means that an adult men who weighs 200 pounds are is walking around carrying 30 pounds of skin!
- Your skin renews itself regularly.
- The deepest layer of your skin produces new cells that take about a month to reach the surface, where they grow harder and, finally, shed. That means that your skin is constantly transforming into new skin and keeping itself healthy and refreshed.
- Your legs are likely to be the driest part of your body.
- Have you ever noticed how dry the lower part of your legs can get in the wintertime? That’s because this area contains fewer oil glands than any other part of your body. Using a gentle moisturizer such as Luv Ur Skin Body Lotion can help keep this unique skin hydrated and smooth.
Natural Skincare Is the Best Skincare for Tweens
How you take care of your skin now will have a long-term effect. When you establish a healthy skincare routine early, you’re developing good habits that will help you keep your skin in the best possible shape for life. One of the most important things you can do now is to choose natural tween skin care products developed specifically for young sensitive skin.
When you buy random products off the shelves of your local stores, you expose your skin to hundreds of different chemicals. It’s impossible to know what is truly safe and which chemicals might have harmful effects, ranging from immediate skin irritation all the way to more serious long-term problems. You can avoid these issues by choosing natural tween skin care – products made of safe, wholesome ingredients found in nature, designed to take care of your delicate skin.
Your skin is your largest organ, and it absorbs almost everything you put on it. So, it’s best to use products with ingredients you recognize – or that you learn about and make sure they’re safe before applying. When you choose natural skincare for tweens, you won’t have to worry about added chemicals that may not be safe. There are many natural ingredients available that can keep your skin clean, healthy, and protected from the sun and the dirt and debris in your environment. These ingredients are also gentler on the skin and less likely to cause breakouts and skin irritation.
Natural skincare is also better for the environment. When you use products that contain a lot of chemicals, those chemicals get washed down the drain into the local waterways. Many of these products require mining, which is bad for the earth in several different ways.
Tween Natural Skin Care by Luv Ur Skin
The good news is that you can choose natural products such as Luv Ur Skin and get the clean, clear, and healthy skin you want without any of the problems associated with harsh chemicals. If you have sensitive skin, as many young teens do, then it’s even more important to look for gentle, natural products. Luv Ur Skin is designed specifically for young skin and contains only natural, safe, effective ingredients – never anything harsh or harmful.
Luv Ur Skin offers a natural alternative to traditional skincare, with formulations to suit all skin types. Our products are the result of years of research and contain the most natural, safest, and healthiest ingredients that do the very best job at keeping your skin looking great. The Luv Ur Skin range includes products that contain no animal-derived ingredients, synthetic emulsifiers, artificial preservatives, or fillers. We choose the most beneficial plant and mineral extracts and we never compromise on quality.
Luv Ur Skin is a wonderful way to take care of yourself, develop healthy habits, and create a simple yet effective beauty routine that will help you look and feel your best every day. Choose from our face washes, moisturizers, lip balms, body washes, body lotions, face masks, nail polishes, and fun accessories to build a skincare routine that’s tailored to your needs. At Luv Ur Skin, we make the best possible products to care for your skin – see the difference for yourself.
Choosing the Best Face Wash for a Teenage Girl
Let’s face it (that’s the only time, we promise 😊 ) – it’s not always the easiest thing in the world to find the right face wash for a teenage girl. It’s not as though you can just make a quick run to your local beauty retailer – try that, and you’ll discover rows upon rows of brightly-colored bottles, each promising to wash away makeup and unclog pores better than the next. Which one can you trust? You might be tempted to give up and grab a bar of soap – but hear us out first. The right skincare products can make all the difference in your skin’s health and appearance.
Although it can be a little overwhelming to try to choose from hundreds of products you know very little about, there are a few things to look for that can help you narrow down your choices and end up with a great product that will leave your skin clean, clear, and healthy. The first thing to remember is that a face wash for tweens and teens should be gentle.
Why A Gentle Face Wash for Tweens Is So Important
Your skin does many essential jobs. It protects you from bacteria, dirt, and pollutants in the environment. Part of the way it does this is through a layer of oil known as sebum. Sebum helps keep dirt and microorganisms from entering your body. It also keeps the good oils from escaping. This protection is important because these good oils are the moisture that makes your skin look healthy and smooth.
Primarily because of hormonal changes, teenage skin is particularly prone to producing excess oil. This excess oil can clog pores, ultimately leading to acne. It might seem like the best thing to do would be to scrub hard and scrub often – but this heavy-handed approach can backfire. Your skin needs some oil, so your goal when you wash is to strike a balance between removing dirt and dead skin cells while leaving behind enough sebum to keep your skin healthy and allow it to do its job well.
That’s why it’s so important to find a gentle face wash for a teenage girl. You want to remove the dirt, grime, dust, makeup, dead skin cells, and excess sebum that can accumulate throughout the day while preserving some of your skin’s sebum layer. Avoiding harsh soaps can keep your skin from drying out and becoming vulnerable to things that might irritate it.
If you have “problem skin,” - overly dry or oily or that becomes irritated quickly, it’s even more important to use a mild cleanser. A gentle face wash won’t make your skin drier, and it won’t irritate sensitive skin. A gentle product is even the best choice for oily skin. That’s because over-cleansing oily skin can cause even more over-production of oil, leading to a vicious cycle of scrubbing away oil only to find your skin more oily than ever.
What to Look for in a Face Wash for a Teenage Girl
A face wash that is gentle for tweens is the answer – one explicitly formulated for the unique needs of a teenage girl’s skin. Here are some things to look for in a skincare line to ensure that it will address the needs of your skin properly.
- No rough particles. Many products are both scrubs and cleansers in one. Teenagers with acne may be tempted to scrub and scrub, but this is usually a mistake. Using harsh scrubs on your face can increase oil production and irritate sensitive skin even further.
- No scents or only natural scents. Face washes that match the smell of your deodorant or perfume may be tempting, but most of these scents are chemically produced and could be harmful to acne-prone skin. If you want a product with a pleasant aroma, look for one that harnesses the scents of nature and natural ingredients.
- Choose a moisturizer, too. Many teens get into the habit of washing their face, patting it dry, and going on with their day. This habit dries out the skin and, in turn, promotes excess oil production to compensate. Instead, always follow your face wash with a gentle moisturizer to restore your skin’s natural balance.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Face Wash
When you do find the perfect face wash, it’s still important to use it correctly to give yourself the best chances of achieving and maintaining the gorgeous skin you want. Keep the following tips in mind to be proactive about a healthy skincare routine.
- Wash your face every day. Each day, your skin is exposed to many things, such as dirt, bacteria, sweat, and makeup. Washing your face at night is the most important thing you can do to remove these impurities and keep your skin healthy. Without proper cleaning, dead skin cells, bacteria, and overactive oil glands can lead to breakouts. Also, establishing a regular skincare routine now will set you up for a lifetime of healthy skin.
- Moisturize your skin. Follow your face wash with a gentle moisturizer designed for teens, such as Luv Ur Skin’s Natural Moisturizer for Face, which is suitable for all skin types. When your skin becomes too dry, it may respond by producing too much oil. A good moisturizer replaces the moisture lost through washing and exposure to dry conditions.
- Wear sunscreen. Sun damage will age your skin prematurely and raise your risk of skin cancer. Not wearing sunscreen means that you’re much more likely to experience wrinkles, moles, discolorations, and more – possibly before you’re even 18 years old. Apply sunscreen every morning beneath your makeup and reapply every couple of hours if you’re outside or get sweaty.
- Hands off!
- You’ve probably heard that popping pimples is a no-no, and this is correct. Picking or squeezing blemishes can result in infections from bacteria on your hands, or it may cause permanent scarring. Instead, keep your skin clean and moisturized, sleep on clean pillowcases, and avoid touching your face (your hands may transfer dirt and oil to your skin).
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Everyone needs a treat now and then, and it’s good for your mental health to enjoy an indulgence once in a while. However, a diet that’s heavy on junk food can wreak havoc on your skin. Your body reacts to sugary foods with a spike in insulin, which can lead to more breakouts. Watch out for sodas, sweets, and other junk foods, choosing healthy foods such as fruits, veggies, and lean meats most of the time.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- It’s called “beauty sleep” for a reason! Teenagers need a lot of sleep because you’re growing, which takes a considerable amount of energy. You may also notice that you get more breakouts when you’re stressed. Stress causes inflammation in your body, leading to blemishes. Getting enough rest fights these effects and helps your skin look its very best every day.
What to Avoid in a Face Wash for Tweens
When it comes to your skin, what you don’t do is as important as what you do. There are endless skincare products available containing potentially harmful ingredients and using them regularly could mean that you’ll deal with additional skin problems that could have been prevented. Here are a few of the ingredients you should avoid in your skincare.
- Phthalates are ingredients used to do several jobs, such as dissolving other ingredients, keeping products moist, and softening skin. Unfortunately, exposing your skin to phthalates regularly over time may lead to health problems. Also, phthalates are very difficult for water treatment plants to remove, and these substances can contaminate drinking water as well.
- Phthalates and parabens often go hand-in-hand in cosmetic products. Parabens are a family of chemical compounds that skincare companies often use to extend the product’s shelf life and help fight microbes that could cause infection. The problem is that parabens, like phthalates, have been linked to health problems, so it’s best to avoid them whenever possible.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate are found in many facial cleansers, typically used to create that creamy foam you’ve seen in face washes, shampoos, and detergents. Although these ingredients are good at removing dirt, they have some critical drawbacks. Have you ever noticed that your skin squeaks after washing? That’s because sodium lauryl sulfate strips beneficial oils from your skin, drying it out and causing it to compensate by producing too much oil.
- Read ingredient labels, and you’ll find that many products contain triclosan, from toothpaste to face wash. Triclosan prevents the growth of bacteria and extends the shelf life of a range of products. However, there is some concern that triclosan may cause serious health problems such as hormonal imbalances and increased sensitivity to the sun’s UV light.
With so many ingredients to avoid, it may seem as though there isn’t anything left to create a safe, effective face wash for tweens – but this isn’t true at all! Tons of healthy, safe ingredients can be used in your skincare to give you the clear, soft skin you’ve always wanted.
The Importance of Cruelty-Free Products
In your search for a great face wash, you’re probably poring over lists of ingredients, looking for ones to avoid and ones to embrace. However, there is one other thing you should look for in your skincare: cruelty-free products. That means that the products are not tested on animals so that you can enjoy beautiful skin guilt-free. By the way, cruelty-free products aren’t just good for animals. Here are a few reasons to avoid brands that engage in animal testing.
- Animal testing truly is cruel.
- The animals used in cosmetics labs are typically rabbits, mice, and hamsters, but dogs are also sometimes involved. These animals must suffer unpleasant side effects as researchers subject them to many harmful chemicals and products to create safe products for humans. Fortunately, there are many ways to create safe products that don’t involve harming animals, such as using natural ingredients already known to be safe.
- Cruelty-free products are better for you.
- Shopping cruelty-free doesn’t only help animals – it also helps you. Makeup not labeled “cruelty-free” isn’t just tested on animals; it is also often made from animal bi-products. For example, your makeup brush might be made of horse, squirrel, or goat fur. One ingredient common in lipsticks – carmine – is made from crushed and blended insects. If you prefer to keep animal parts off your skin, choose cruelty-free.
- Cruelty-free products are easy to find.
- It isn’t hard to find brands that don’t test on animals. Luv Ur Skin is cruelty-free, for one. Anyone who is committed to buying only cruelty-free products can find them if she does a little research.
- You can be part of the solution.
- Shopping cruelty-free makes you a vital part of ultimately eliminating animal testing. You’re not only choosing healthier, safer products, but you’re also investing your money and your efforts into an important ethical cause. Young people can make a huge difference!
It may not be easy to find your face-cleansing soul mate, but you can do it with just a little research. Luv Ur Skin is a unique line of skin care designed to cater to the specific needs of young skin. Your skin is the only skin you have, so it’s essential to take care of it the best you can. That means using high-quality, natural ingredients. Choosing natural skincare means that you’ll be using products that are safe, non-toxic, and non-irritating, even if your skin is very sensitive. Look for a gentle, natural, and cruelty-free product – and use it properly – for the best odds of clean, clear, and healthy skin.
About Luv Ur Skin
Luv Ur Skin is skincare made naturally. We handpick our botanical ingredients and key plant extracts to help you keep your skin clean, clear, and healthy.
Our products contain the therapeutic and healing features of essential botanicals and are infused with the scents of nature to provide a positive and uplifting effect.
We are also the only skincare range specifically formulated for young skin that incorporates Plantolin, a native Australian plant extract that offers soothing, healing, and medicinal properties.
We offer cruelty-free, gentle face wash for tweens and teens that provides a natural yet effective skincare solution. At Luv Ur Skin, we’re creating skincare for naturally beautiful skin.