DIY SUGAR SCRUBS FOR LIPS
Girls, can I have a show of hands on how many of us have chapped lips and no lip balm could save them? We have a solution for you! A simple DIY sugar scrub that requires only 4 ingredients. The purpose of a sugar scrub is to help exfoliate the outmost layer of dead skin cells, leaving your lips soft and hydrated without causing you pain.
Ready? You’ll need the ingredients below:
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp honey or you can use agave nectar
- 1 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- you’ll also need a mixing bowl and a small container to store the sugar scrub
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the honey and olive oil. This combination is super moisturising for dry lips.
2. Slowly add in the brown sugar. The sugar acts as the exfoliator removing all the dead skin and hydrates your lips.
For a sweet smell, add vanilla extract. Using a spoon, combine all the ingredients together.
3. Once all the ingredients are mix, scoop the mixture into the small container. Voila you’re done!
4. To use the sugar scrub, simply apply a small amount onto your lips and scrub for 10 seconds. Rinse it off and apply your favorite lip balm. To really show off your plump lips, finish off with our lip balm Berrilicious. Our lip balms are naturally formulated for teen girls, this rich fruity gloss smells amazing while nourishing your lips.
Try this at home and show us what you think by tagging us at #LuvUrSkin!
Luv from LUS team